Skip to main content

THE JEALOUSY THAT I REPENT…

Oh! When you first came
In the school, you won fame
Oh! When I first saw you
You were the angel, caught in blue.

Oh! Your diamond smile
That makes me lose myself a while
Oh! Your glittering eyes
Seem like spark flies.

Oh! Your presence in the class
Attracted around a huge mass
Oh! I didn’t like them around
But still, you weren’t that proud.

Oh! You didn’t eat your lunch
Saying, “I had a heavy brunch”
Oh! You gave away your tiffin
To the poor ones needing it.

Oh! You were so simple
Who had a cute dimple
Oh! You always distracted my attention
No, I wait for you to mention.

Oh! Your golden hair
At which everyone stares
Oh! You were so fair skinned
That always kept me ruined.

Oh! I kept watching
In the mirror, above the basin
Oh! Am I not beautiful?
I said this always, being a fool.

Oh! God! This jealousy
That made me proud wrongly
Oh! God! This jealousy
That was the height of insanity.

Oh! I planned to make you fall
Because now you stood so tall
Oh! I said all rubbish
To the teacher, being so foolish.

Oh! The teacher yelled at you
But you were silent though
Oh! Dear, she suspended you
But you were silent…

Oh! That reflected the beauty in you
Knowing you did nothing
Oh! It was your richness,
And my dirty jealousy…a menace…

Oh! You were still happy
And I was being shabby
Oh! You didn’t even know the matter
But told me, “Meet you later”.

Oh! Some days after
Neither cries nor laughter
Oh! There was nothing on my face
And it was a blank space.

Oh! Now I realized you
The greatness in you
Oh! You were so great
The one I’ve ever met.

Oh! I didn’t have the guts
To confess to you the truth
Oh! I destroyed your career
Oh! I am sorry, my dear.

Oh! Every day I repent
For the mistake, I had not meant
Oh! Every day I punish myself
I even destroyed myself.

Oh! I know, you’d have forgotten this
Jealousy, that was a bad piece
Oh! I know you won’t remember
This dirty number.

Oh! After so many years
I still shed tears
Oh! I declare I am sorry
As of now, it’s not a matter to worry.

Oh! Now I fall asleep
Going into a deep sleep
Oh! I close my diary
And still say I am sorry.

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 3.58.38 PM
– Akankshya Mohapatra
CLASS X-F
D.A.V. PUBLIC SCHOOL
UNIT 8, BHUBANESWAR
ODISHA

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts